We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves

~ Gautam Buddha

Thursday, September 9, 2010

weird and wonderful




Have you ever faced the people who always  enjoyed being on the other side of the fence? Specially when you need or expect a real nod of his or her while you were dealing with outside world.

 But ironically they do  reverse of the expectations. But still it is enticing once one  get the taste of it as one finds it irresistible to leave the game mid way. Once tasted it, it is almost impossible to give up. The magical enticement of being on the other side of the fence and to enjoy is one weird pleasure which my family inherited.

But i faced the challenge since my birth.So with time I started taking pleasure in it. Not only this  i got charmed with him. Now i found the fellow of the other side of the fence so irresistible. To hate him or her is  impossible even I  try. I  ended in  loving him or her more.

Strange, weird, difficult or simply different, whatever they are  named, are here in our lives—the weird and wonderful.

What are they actually? Do we really need a tinge of weirdness in our lives? Well, these genres are actually spices of life. The life gets seasoned with the multifarious ones. It simply acts as the taste booster.

The strangest thing I found about myself is I love weird and wonderful people of my life. I love all critics of my life. 

For instance when I got placement,
blinded with sisterly love  I shared the pleasant news to  my sister. In response I found her more serious. She responded in quite quirky way, “So you got the job and now you will teach, --What?” and she nostalgically started reminiscing the bygone era.  How on the report card day she,a topper would decor her academically won medals on my chest wiping my tear flooded eyes not getting any and  consoling me all over, "It is  yours, you take this.It looks really beautiful on you." And completely consoled and satisfied I would stupidly march along her for the home.

And here is another one,despite dissipating my precious energy on my dotting one, my daughter,after a long cajoling and explanation on the health issues and safety.I get straight away her reply—“Mom, we won’t talk on this issue, I don’t want to, sometimes even bolder confession, "Mom, I won’t do as you suggested,” and then already exhausted I ponder," Honesty is good but this is not too much ,even hard to digest." Still the love does neither melt nor my liking to the weird and wonderful.

Here is another instance,the boldest of the list, who always prefered to be on the other side of the fence. When I suggest for a walk he will give excuse of  long hours of his work. His excuse leaves me in  me wonder,reading newspaper and watching TV certainly do not cost any energy. “What an energy booster techniques, only accessible to married man?”

Even on the tours, while shopping, standing beside me he takes side of the shopkeeper. Once taking evening walk with him, the sight of vegetable market enticed me and after much persuasion we entered in the market. The bargain of small boy selling green coriander left me puzzled. So I tried to show him the reason-“How can you charge rupees three for one bunch where as rupees five for two bunches”, while I was midway in my bargaining the hubby dear, with big grin supported the child, “Hey don’t give, she has been doing too much bargain”. Even my angered glance did not stop him taking the side of others. But I am too made up of hard stuff So I assure myself, it's ok if you can not help me in  the bargain, I have another good job for you and that is lifting the vegetables bag.

But the oddest one is the sweetest memoir- when my ailing mother, after calling me demanded that I should visit her urgently, as she was not feeling well. Being aware of her incurable ailment and her failing health my heart sank and my throat choked. Through out  my life i had brought smile on her face with my weird and lovable pranks. That moment also the child in me wanted to see smile on her face and craved for the musical laughter of her. From the other side, on the call I somehow  checked the  heaviness of my voice and  flooded tears.  Somehow I managed to stage my familiar recklessness to her, “No, no I won’t come,you get well on your own. You are very tough person and you nag me enough, I am feeling more safe here”, Accustomed with my familiar weirdness my mother had a heartiest laugh that still echoes in my memory. After a week she left us for the haevenly abode. But still her last chuckle echoes  in my heart, which i reverently recall with her memory.Therefore I feel, if weirdness brings smiles on the face of our people then it is thing to cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment